We're always interested
in buying model car collections, large or small, including unbuilt or built kits, promos, or resin kits. We prefer to buy collections that include a fairly high percentage of models produced from the '50's through the '70's, but will consider newer ones as well. You may send an overview of the collection first or call us (616-682-7768) so we can let you know if we would be interested. You can use the following guidelines to help you prepare a list. Please include a phone number, best time to call and the location of the collection.
Any format is acceptable when submitting a list of models you wish to sell, whether it be typed, in Excel, MS Word, or hand written. If you already have a list prepared there's no need to revamp it, your list will be fine. If you know how much you would like for the collection please include that information as well, otherwise we can make you an offer.
When preparing a list it's not necessary to "write a book" about each model, just a brief description is fine. We donít expect you to check every part of every unbuilt kit, we just ask that you be as forthright as you can regarding imperfections. Our offer will be based on the descriptions you provide, and most often the amount paid will match the offer precisely. We don't nitpick, but if upon inspection we find numerous discrepancies from the descriptions that were provided, an adjustment to the offer would obviously be necessary so that it coincides with the actual condition.
Photos are helpful, but not necessary. However, a few group shots along with select close-ups are very beneficial, especially for built kits and promos.
For unbuilt kits, please state:
- Manufacturer and kit number
- Year (if known) and make of car or name of kit
- Is it factory sealed, sealed in the inside bag, or open?
- Condition - please note if it is complete and unbuilt or if it is missing parts, started, has any parts painted, bent windshield posts or other imperfections. Please note, too, if the box or decals are not good.
For built kits, please state:
- Year (if known) and make of car or name of kit.
- Condition - please note if they're built completely stock or have custom or racing parts installed, if they're painted, if windshield posts are bent or broken, and if emblems or door handles have been removed.
For promos, please state:
- Year, make, body style and color
- Does the chassis have a friction motor?
- Is the original box included?
- Condition of promos is particularly critical, as even slight imperfections affect the value considerably. Please note if there are body scuffs, bent or broken windshield posts or vent posts, worn chrome, and any other factors that you feel may affect the value.
PO Box 167
Marne, MI 49435
Phone messages can be left at 616-682-SPOT(7768)